Restore smiles with full mouth reconstruction?
Dr. Ramin Mirmooji is a dental professional in Pierrefonds, Quebec, who can help patients restore their smile after significant issues have developed. For some, complete smile restoration may need to be done, which leads patients to learn more about services such as full mouth reconstruction.
What is full mouth reconstruction?
Full mouth reconstruction is best described as the process of repairing or replacing multiple teeth in the upper and lower jaw to create a healthy, functional, and aesthetically pleasing smile. This procedure aims to restore the patient’s ability to eat, speak, and feel confident with their smile.
Depending on each individual case, treatment may include some combination of the following:
- Dental crowns. Crowns or caps made of porcelain and placed over prepared teeth, to reinforce the weakened structure.
- Dental bridges. To “bridge the gap,” many patients will find dental bridges sufficient to replace one or several teeth in a row.
- Dental implants. Restoring one or more teeth can be done more permanently with dental implants.
- Partial or full dentures. Both partial and complete dentures can replace one, several, or all of the teeth in the smile.
- Gum reshaping procedures. Also known as gingivectomy, patients can have their gums recontoured to ensure a more attractive and balanced smile.
- Orthodontia. For patients who need to realign the bite, Invisalign orthodontics may be recommended, eliminating the need for traditional metal braces.
Patients typically visit Dr. Mirmooji for full mouth reconstruction when experiencing severe oral health issues such as decay or damage from trauma. However, it can also be used for purely aesthetic reasons, such as discoloured teeth that need whitening or covering up chips and cracks. During an initial consultation visit with our team, you can talk to your dentist about your unique concerns and find solutions that fit your needs.
How do I learn more about full mouth reconstruction with Dr. Ramin Mirmooji?
Call (514) 613-1888 to request an appointment with our team of professionals at Msmiline Cosmetic Dentistry to find out if you are a proper candidate for full mouth reconstruction. The office is conveniently located in Pierrefonds, QC, at 4935 Saint-Charles Boulevard, and is open to new and returning patients.